Love Life Orphan Care is a group of people committed to personally ending the local orphan crisis in our city by placing every one of our children in a Godly home.
There are over 580 kids in the foster system in our city and we believe that it is the job of the church to solve this orphan crisis. Ensuring that orphans are placed in loving caring homes where they can hear the message of the gospel is not the job of the state. It is our goal to see all 580 of these children placed in caring, godly homes by the end of 2017.
We have built relationships with specific fostering and adoption agencies that work to remove the red tape and help make the process as seamless and affordable as possible. There are currently 43 children ready for adoption immediately in Mecklenburg County.
REASONS WHY ORPHAN CARE IS NEEDED:
- There are currently 580 children in the Mecklenburg County DSS. 43 children are cleared for adoption immediately.
- There are an additional 110 adoptable children available in the Greater Charlotte area.
- In North Carolina, there are 10,000 children currently in the system, 2000+ of which are available for adoption immediately.
- Approximately 600 children aged out of the system in North Carolina in 2016.
- Children who age out: 1 in 5 become homeless, 71% under 21 become pregnant, 1 in 4 experience PTSD, many end up addicted to drugs or in jail.
- 80% of our prison population today came from foster care.
WHO ARE THE ORPHANS IN MECKLENBURG COUNTY?
- 120+ of the foster children are in group homes
- 300+ of the foster children are 0-5 years old
- 78% are African American
- Average age of the 43 children currently available for adoption is 13
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Open your heart and home to one of the many children in desperate need of a Godly family. Sign up to foster or adopt, and begin your journey of radical love. Our goal is to mobilize 200 families this year! Click the button below to let us know that you would like more info about the Orphan Care team and one of our team members will follow up with you shortly.